Masters of Consistent Level

Masters of Consistent Level

In a perfect world, I would tell everyone what level to master at, and we’d get all tracks submitted to us at that level. But because we are dealing with multiple thousands of audio files and almost one hundred contributors to date, song submission levels are still going to vary. For providing an excellent experience to our customers at this point in time, we are using Landr to volume match our catalogue. Ideally, all Soundstripe composers could consistently provide audio files at the same level. But because this isn’t the case- the easiest way to volume match thousands of audio files right now is Landr. Moving forwards, it is now required for your audio file to be sent through landr and exported at 44.1, 16. This is to ensure the easiest and most simplified music licensing experience for our customers. 

Here's what to do moving forward:

1. Make sure your final mixes are full of dynamic range & have nice transients

2. Download the standalone app at 

3. Run your final mix through landr and export at 44.1, 16

4. Upload to Soundstripe :) 

(You can opt out of using landr if you can provide self mastered tracks with the loudest part of your song hitting around -7LUFS or -6RMS)

I hope this makes sense. If anyone has questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me at

Why Does Soundstripe Ask for PRO info?

Why Does Soundstripe Ask for PRO info?

At Soundstripe, the majority of your music will be used for micro-licensing placements (indie films, youtube, wedding videos, ect). Most of the time, micro-licensing doesn’t generate a whole lot of performance royalties (aka residual income). HOWEVER, every so often we do deal with placements that generate performance royalties, and if you are not registered with a PRO (Performing Rights Organizations), you won’t see any of the royalties!

If your music is used for a "larger" placement such as a commercial, tv show, movie, etc, PROs collect money from the networks or companies that are broadcasting that content and pay you performance royalties. The only way to collect these payments is to register yourself as a writer and/or publisher with ASCAP or BMI (or SESAC, or whatever PRO is used for your country) and register your songs!